Frequently Asked Questions
How to Use Email Signatures in Outlook for Mac?
Set the Default Signature in Outlook for MacTo pick a default signature to be inserted by default in new messages and replies you create in Outlook for Mac:
- Select Outlook | Preferences… from the menu in Outlook for Mac.
- Open the Signatures category.
- For each email account whose default signatures you want to change:
- Select the desired account under Account: in the Choose default signature: section.
- Choose the signature you want to be inserted for new emails under New messages:.
- Pick the signature you want to be used automatically in replies and when you forward underReplies/forwards:.
- Choose None in either case for no default signature—say, if you want no signature on replies; you can still insert one manually when you write a message, of course.
- Close the Signatures preferences window.
Pick Default Signatures in Outlook for Mac 2011To make your new signature the default inserted in new messages in Outlook for Mac 2011:
- See above instructions for setting default signatures.
- Make sure your new signature is selected under Default signature for all the desired accounts.
- Click OK.
Insert a Signature in an Email in Outlook for MacTo use any signature you have set up in a message—or change the signature used—in Outlook for Mac:
- Make sure the Message ribbon is visible.
- If it is not, click Message near the message’s title bar in Outlook for Mac.
- Click the Add signature to this message button.
- Select the desired signature from the menu that has appeared.
Last updated Tue, Sep 20 2016 4:29pm